Sunday, September 23, 2012

Italian in New Orleans

I know, most people come to New Orleans for the Cajun and Creole food - étouffé, gumbo, jambalaya, dirty rice, red beans and rice, crawfish and 'gator and all things pork.

So we went around the corner for Italian.

What can I say, I love Italian food.  When visiting Italy, I never get bored, I never crave other foods, I love Italian food.

This is the place - in the Warehouse District, corner of St. Joseph and Tchoupitoulas  (yeah, I don't know how to pronounce that).

I had the duck breast with apples and truffle honey glaze, which was phenomenal.  Richard had the gnudi, which seemed to be giant ricotta cheese gnocchi with shitake mushrooms (fusion!).  The focaccia bread was fresh and delicious.  For dessert, I had the panna cotta, which had a rich berry sauce that had traces of rosemary, scattered with pine nuts.  OMG, heaven in a bowl!

So when your taste buds are full of beignets and po'boys (my two new faves, and I can't stop eating beignets and popcorn shrimp long enough to find the gumbo and jambalaya and étouffé), give a Mano a try - really wonderful northern Italian food!

NOTE May 2014 - I heard that Mano has closed, so I took out the link.  SO sorry, it was a wonderful meal!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment