Friday, December 7, 2012

Adventures in Showering

Many of the holiday parks have metered showers, so that people don't waste the water by taking long long showers, or leave the water running, or whatever.

Last night's park had six minute metered showers.  With the meters OUTSIDE the shower stalls, not inside.  Not good planning.

So I went to take my morning shower.  Set up clothes, towel, soap, shampoo, all in sequence so I could rush through my six minutes of water.

Only to find that shower stall #1 only has about 1 minute of water at a time.

So I wrapped up in my towel and moved everything to stall #2.  Then went back out of the shower to push the meter for a shower.

Shower stall #2 has a 4 or 5 minute shower.  I managed to get through the shower but didn't get to wash my hair.  Back out again (in towel again) to punch the meter again.  Then rush back in, latch the door, and wash my hair.  Plus time for the conditioner.

Luckily I finished just before the meter ran out again.  I really didn't want to have to go for a four-punch shower!

3 comments:

  1. Since our drought began 12 years ago, we've learned to take 4 minute showers, though I need longer when I wash my hair, twice a week.
    Two years ago the drought broke but I still take short showers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanukah Same'ach חג חנוכה שמח

    ReplyDelete
  3. In St. Thomas, I took a 10 min shower (including hair) - but we had switches on the showerhead to control the water flow, so we could turn it off when not immediately using the water, then turn it on for rinsing off soap, shampoo, etc. Convenient and water-saving!

    ReplyDelete